kimreads

Kim

Peace. Love. Books.

Succubus Shadows - Richelle Mead Since I didn't immediately write a review after finishing this my thoughts may be a bit muddled.

You want a mindfuck? You got yourself one in here. Did the Georgie-bashing by Maddie and Seth actually happen? I thought this was another great installment but after coming down from the drama-filled epicness that was [b:Succubus Heat|5148720|Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)|Richelle Mead|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1363643447s/5148720.jpg|5215692] (which should really be called Succubus in Heat), this one just didn't stand a chance to be a 5 for me.

The beginning and the end were probably my favourite parts. And yes, even though I am completely anti-Maddie, I liked the angst and the constant heart-squeeze every time Georgie looked at Seth, or the other way around. I was especially touched with Roman's concern for Georgie, even though it seems as if he's had a personality transplant, and I really, really liked him before.
"I don't like this. Like I said, it's like...it's like watching you die. Over and over."
I still loved the gang. Even Cody had his aww moments. But Carter? Gawd, I love him and his cryptic messages, especially his and Georgie's last scene.

As for the ending, I think I would've been more excited had I not seen that coming. It was an awesome chapter nevertheless and I'm just glad that Maddie's out of the picture already. *fistbump*