kimreads

Kim

Peace. Love. Books.

Something Wonderful - Judith McNaught Some fifteen years or so ago I was this bored teenager who got tired of Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield's suburban drama and decided to peruse her aunt's historical romance collection for a change. That was when I picked up [b:Almost Heaven|129621|Almost Heaven (Sequels, #3)|Judith McNaught|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1351327172s/129621.jpg|1395013], my first Judith McNaught book, and it was love at first sight read. To this day, that book remains a favourite, along with [b:Something Wonderful|129616|Something Wonderful (Sequels, #2)|Judith McNaught|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348716236s/129616.jpg|124838]. I re-read this on a whim when I woke up around three this morning and craved a light, fairytale-like read to lull me back to sleep. As you may have guessed, I never went back to sleep. I forgot how good this book was! I mean, granted, I'm a lot more cynical now and naïve, virginal beauties like Alexandra would typically elicit an eyebrow raise from me now but I was surprised to find that I still thoroughly enjoyed this. There were heart flutters, heart races, angst, and drama. I even found myself tearing up at a few scenes! And while there was limited amount of steam there were plenty of sexual tension, lusty declarations of I-want-yous, and heaving breasts.

Jordan Townsende is, undoubtedly, one of my very first book boyfriends. He is an alpha male through and through! Even back then when I didn't know what the alpha criteria was I realise now that I was drawn to Ms. McNaughts books precisely because of that. Jordan is rich, arrogant, and titled, which somehow justifies his bosiness and caveman-ness. I love it! One of these days when I finally get a handle on my tbr list I would love to revisit books I enjoyed when I was younger and see if I still love them as much as I remembered.