kimreads

Kim

Peace. Love. Books.

The Prince (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz "You just wanted to prove there was one safe place, just one safe place where you could love him. You have not found that place yet. You have not made that place yet. You are here. You are here. You're still right here."
- Richard Siken

- June 14 edit -

How often do you find yourself speechless or unable to write a review after finishing an amazing book? I'm having that moment right now. Because it's been over a week and I still can't wrap my head around what just took place.

This might be my favourite out of the series even though it was the toughest to read. And it's mostly because of one powerful scene that had me crying buckets even though the object of my tears and heartache wasn't even there. You've read it? Then you know what scene I'm talking about. Gawd, I'm tearing up again just thinking about it.

I know that I sound like a broken record already but I can't say enough how enamoured I am with Tiffany's writing. How is it possible that I can feel so horrified, so thrilled from a simple touch, so heartbroken, and so in-love all at the same time? There were times when I'd feel the pain in my pancreas one moment (sorry, I just missed Paul all of a sudden) and then melt from the moving scenes the next. At this point I didn't care who ended up with whom anymore. I just wanted these characters to be happy, you know, whatever version of happy that might be.

I've heard of readers who've postponed reading this instalment because they were wary of the dark feel or the cliffhanger ending. Don't be, because you're missing out on a chance to truly and fully understand why our beloved characters are the way they are. It was overwhelming, disturbing even, but the feeling of being rewarded weighed more. Overall, I felt like I was beaten to a pulp. And then I was held and kissed.