kimreads

Kim

Peace. Love. Books.

Red Fox - Karina Halle [b:Red Fox|11710500|Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2)|Karina Halle|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1324262036s/11710500.jpg|19191181] brings us to New Mexico, where our ghosthunting duo find themselves after an old friend of Dex contacts him to check out some odd events in the small Navajo town. Perry continues to question her decision to sign up for this show, especially since things didn't exactly turn out as planned (She was consequently sacked from her job in the advertising firm after requesting to work only part-time). In addition to that, she still doesn't know what to make out of Dex.

Dex's friend, Maximus, is apparently a "ghost-mediator" who connects people with their dead loved ones for a living. His services were called by a Navajo man, turned Christian, who lived with his blind wife on a farm right off the town of Red Fox. Strange things have been happening in his property lately, like rocks being thrown at their windows and animals being gutted. Maximus did not sense "ghosts" though, hence, calling on Dex for assistance.

I thought this was a great sequel to this series. True to the word of other reviewers who promised that each book is better than the last, I certainly found this more engaging than the first. I enjoyed how Perry is starting to come out of her shell and becoming bolder with her words and actions. I mean, I'd be shy too if I was in the presence of this hot, mysterious dude all the time. Dex remains to be an unreadable character for me at this point, and that's part of his allure. I KNOW that there is more to Dex than what he seems and I just can't wait to get to the bottom of his secrets. Perry, on the other hand, is also intriguing me more and more based on what other characters in the book are saying about her.

There was a lot of mystery and a good amount of hints of romance in this book. I had several theories on who the bad guys were and ha! Except for one, I got all of them wrong. I also thought that this was an easier read for me since it hovered more on the paranormal than the supernatural. Ghosts and spirits easily freak me out!

I'm pretty anxious about the next installment in the series. I was half-expecting Dex to shrug off what happened between him and Perry but he was quite sweet about it, making me fall in love with him more. I'm worried for my heart and for Perry's! Gah!