kimreads

Kim

Peace. Love. Books.

God-Shaped Hole - Tiffanie DeBartolo I have a new religion and it's called Tiffaniedebartoloism.

This is what my copy of [b:God Shaped Hole|248103|God Shaped Hole|Tiffanie DeBartolo|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1349041219s/248103.jpg|240394] looks like.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Please overlook the fact that I've physically highlighted the book. I know it's a sacrilegious act for some. My constant use of e-readers with their highlighting, bookmarking and note-jotting capabilities is to blame. I would have had swirly notes of my thoughts all over the pages had I not planned to lend this book but I figured, it's too good not to share. Anyway, the point of that image is to declare the fact that it is now tied with [b:How to Kill a Rock Star|113791|How to Kill a Rock Star|Tiffanie DeBartolo|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348314742s/113791.jpg|109560] as my most-highlighted book ever. It helps that the main characters are writers and artists, otherwise, certain passages might have come across as corny. To me, personally, this book spoke a LOT of truths.

What is it with this author and her writing? I can't even say that I found the story to be perfect. I even knew what would happen in the ending, thanks to the glowing "This generation's Love Story" - Kirkus Reviews printed in the cover. It can't be more obvious than that. Still, I cried and grieved and wished for an extra hundred pages to magically appear so that I can get more Trixie and Jacob, even if I only get flashbacks and memories. Funnily enough, I don't even feel emotionally manipulated. All I thought the entire time I read this was that I've never encountered another author who was as in touch with his/her loneliness as much as Tiffanie Debartolo was. It was laid out page after page, song after song (and there were plenty of titles scattered throughout the book.) It's one of those books you wish you had read when you were at that phase in your life when you felt all alone and no one understood you. You find comfort in the fact that something written relates to you and your feelings and vice versa.

Obviously I'm not gonna be able to write a decent review or even give an idea of what this book is about. The book blurb can do the latter. I'm too affected to do the former. I just recommend that you read it.