kimreads

Kim

Peace. Love. Books.

Grounded (Up In The Air, #3) - R.K. Lilley James and Bianca FINALLY get their HEA. I rooted for this couple despite my indifference towards Bianca. Even after 3 books I still can't read her personality. I get that she's quite guarded due to her past. But other than her constantly suspicious nature I really don't know what to make of her. James, on the other hand, is one of my favourite male characters of all time! And I'm not even a big fan of BDSM themed romances or Dom-heroes. But with James I found him to be so sweet, loving and giving (and not just materially) throughout the series.

There were parts that got 5* for me, and other parts 1*. For instance, I loved that Bianca and Stephan's relationship was highlighted again in this instalment and that James found no threat in their closeness. I also loved getting some chapters from Stephan's POV. I thought he and Javier were perfect for each other! I was glad that they were able to listen to each other and overcome their issues.

The parts that I didn't like were parts I felt that could've been developed more or could've ended more smoothly. For instance, I found Bianca's father's attack in the end quite anti-climactic. The introduction of Sven Jr. seemed like he should've had a bigger role in the book. Jolene and Jules seemed to have faded into the background just like that. Jackie seemed like a character that should've been given more "airtime" and not just appear like an annoying girl who you just get used to. I was also pretty disappointed with how Lana and Bianca treated her when she spotted them having lunch at the cafe. I found them quite rude. And then there's my beef again with Bianca's personality, or lack thereof. I do like her. I liked that she never gave James petty drama. I just wanted to know her better. And omigod! How could I forget the "Red Wings" thingy? I am completely appalled by that one. I'm sorry, but can't you get some serious disease or something by doing that?!

Overall, I found the trilogy to be an enjoyable read. It wasn't too heavy and dark. I loved the portrayal of friendship, work relationships and the use of Vegas and New York as the backdrop of the story.